Peptide design, peptide synthesis, immunization and affinity purification - 91246
Ask a question about this service.
Proteintech offers peptide synthesis, conjugation to KLH, immunization of two rabbits, and affinity purification (Catalog# 91246). The conjugated peptide will be used to immunize two rabbits. The customer can choose from one of the standard protocols for immunization. See Catalog#90001 for protocols. Proteintech will prepare an affinity purification column and purify 30ml of antiserum with the column. The customer will receive the extra unconjugated peptide except for a small amount used for ELISA for the titer assay, the affinity column, purified anti-serum, flow through, and the rest of the anti-serum from the two rabbits.
The service also includes the following:
1) Free Peptide Design: Upon customer request, the technical support team of Proteintech will review the protein sequences and rank the most antigenic domains and submit them to the customer for a decision.
2) A large amount and high purity peptide synthesis: The chemists at Proteintech will synthesize the peptide ordered. The yield of synthesis will be approximately 40 mg, at approximately 90% purity for 20 mer-peptides with Mass Spectrum data. There will be no need for additional purification, therefore you do not have to pay for the purification cost, which is a significant savings. We will charge $20 for each additional amino acid.
3) A large amount of KLH conjugation: 10 mg of peptide will be conjugated with 5 mg of KLH protein (Catalog# 90004).
Guarantee: Proteintech guarantees that the antiserum will recognize the free peptide in either ELISA Assay or Dot Blot Assay.
90001................Immunization (rabbit polyclonal antibody production)
90004................Peptide conjugation to KLH
90124............. ...Peptide design, peptide synthesis and immunization
- Which kind of antigen should I choose; fusion protein or peptide?
Our experience has shown that fusion proteins usually generate an antibody with a higher titer and higher specificity. We recommend the fusion protein procedure if a cross reaction can be ignored. However, if you need a specific antibody to a certain protein belonging to one homologous family, we recommend the peptide & antibody procedure strongly.
- Which Protocol should I use?
The standard long protocol is the preferred protocol because it has been widely used and tested through history. The long protocol provides a better success rate than the short protocol. The short protocol is designed for customers who need the antibody in a rush and are willing to trade success rate for time.
- How much antiserum will I receive?
Each rabbit will give ~12 ml of serum in each production bleed and 45-50 ml of serum (from 90 - 100 ml blood) in the final bleed, a total of about 150 ml of antiserum from two rabbits
- How does Proteintech determine which rabbit’s serum to purify?
We decide that by the ELISA result with test bleed. If both rabbits give good results, we will purify 15ml of serum from each rabbit. If one rabbit gives a better result, we will purify 30ml of serum from this "good" rabbit.
- How much purified antibody will I receive?
It depends on the concentration of the specific antibody in the serum provided. Usually we can get 2-10ml from 15ml of antiserum.
- How do I order this service?
Download and print out a custom order form, fill out the relevant information, and fax to 312-455-8408 (USA and unlisted regions) or (+44) 161 23 21 272 (Europe). Once we have received your forms someone will contact you to discuss further your order and direct you where to send your protein sample.
© Proteintech Group Inc. All rights reserved -
Home | About Us |
| Site Map |