Proteintech is experiencing rapid growth in the US and is now recruiting for an Account Manager to cover Texas and surrounding states as needed. The successful candidate will be based in the field but will work closely with the US HQ in Chicago. This is an exciting opportunity for a Life Sciences Ph.D looking to extend their skill set to technical sales. This position offers a competitive salary (negotiable dependent on experience) and generous bonus scheme.
PRODUCTS: Laboratory reagents: antibodies, ELISA kits, recombinant proteins
CUSTOMERS: Academic, Research & Biotechnology Laboratories
- Design and implement your sales strategy for the region.
- You will maintain and develop relationships with existing customers to grow long-term and effective business relationships.
- You will also pro-actively search and connect with new prospects
- When visiting key customers and prospects, you will utilize your core technical and social skills to provide effective solutions to their needs.
- You will arrange and attend trade shows and exhibitions to further build brand awareness, with support from the US team.
- You will actively liaise with procurement departments to facilitate ease of purchase.
- From your experiences in the field, you will provide feedback to Marketing and Product Development on customer and competitor activities.
- As a rapidly expanding biotech company, you will participate in our worldwide growth and be responsible for meeting and reporting on annual sales targets.
- Degree in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or similar subject, Ph.D preferred. Comparable experience in the laboratory and/or technical sales may be considered.
- Living in the Houston metro area, must be able to visit UT Health Sciences complex with ease.
- Must have experience in most cell biology application areas: Western Blot, Immunohistochemistry, Flow Cytometry, ELISA.
- Professional selling skills when identifying customer needs and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Must be prepared to travel extensively up to 70% of the time within the territory (some overnight travel required)
- Independent, driven and able to work on own initiative.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, contact us now via Live Chat