EGFR-Specific AntibodyRabbit Polyclonal
|Tested applications||ELISA, WB, IF, IP|
|Species specificity||human, mouse, rat; other species not tested.|
|Positive WB detected in||HeLa cells, A431 cells, A549 cells, HepG2 cells, MCF7 cells, PC-3 cells|
|Positive IF detected in||Hela cells|
|Recommended dilution||WB: 1:500-1:5000|
IP = Immunoprecipitation
- WB result of anti-EGFR (18986-1-AP) in different cell lysates.
- IP result of anti-EGFR (18986-1-AP for IP and Detection) with MCF7 cell.
- WB result ofanti-EGFR in Hela and REP1 cell by Dr.Kodani, Andrew.
- HeLa cells were subjected to SDS PAGE followed by western blot with 18986-1-AP(EGFR-Specific Antibody) at dilution of 1:1000
- Immunofluorescent analysis of Hela cells, using EGFR antibody 18986-1-AP at 1:25 dilution and Rhodamine-labeled goat anti-rabbit IgG (red).
|Source||Rabbit||Purification method||Antigen affinity purification|
|Isotype||IgG||Storage||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3. Store at -20oC.|
|Immunogen||Peptide||Full name||epidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v-erb-b) oncogene homolog, avian)|
|NM_005228||Gene ID (NCBI)||1956|
|Gene symbol||EGFR||Synonyms||ERBB; ERBB1; HER1; PIG61; mENA|
ERBB1, also mamed as EGFR, is a receptor for EGF, but also for other members of the EGF family, as TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, betacellulin, heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor, GP30 and vaccinia virus growth factor. ERBB1 is involved in the control of cell growth and differentiation. Phosphorylates MUC1 in breast cancer cells and increases the interaction of MUC1 with C-SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Isoform 2/truncated isoform of ERBB1 may act as an antagonist. EGFR is associated with lung cancer. The antibody is specific to isoform1.