OCT4 AntibodyRabbit Polyclonal
|Tested applications||ELISA, WB, IHC, IF|
|Cited applications||IHC, WB|
|Species specificity||human, mouse, rat; other species not tested.|
|Positive WB detected in||hESC cells, HEK-293 cells, mouse brain tissue, mouse kidney tissue|
|Positive IHC detected in||human colon cancer|
|Recommended dilution||WB: 1:200-1:2000|
IP = Immunoprecipitation
- IP result of anti-KRAS (11263-1-AP for IP and Detection) whith Hela cell.
- Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of human embronic stem cells with 11263-1-AP at dilution of 1:50. The FITC shows staining with 11263-1-AP/FITC. The DAPI shows nuclear staining by DAPI. The MERGE is the merge of FITC and DAPI.
- Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of human embronic stem cells with 11263-1-AP at dilution of 1:100. The PE shows staining with 11263-1-AP/PE. The DAPI shows nuclear staining by DAPI. The MERGE is the merge of PE and DAPI.
- hESC cells were subjected to SDS PAGE followed by western blot with 11263-1-AP(OCT4 Antibody) at dilution of 1:500
- Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded human colon cancer using 11263-1-AP(OCT4 Antibody) at Dilution 1:50 (under 10x lens)
|Source||Rabbit||Purification method||Antigen affinity purification|
|Isotype||IgG||Storage||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3. Store at -20oC.|
|Immunogen||OCT4 fusion protein ag1794||Full name||POU class 5 homeobox 1|
|BC020712||Gene ID (NCBI)||5460|
|Gene symbol||POU5F1||Synonyms||MGC22487; OCT3; OCT4; OTF3; OTF4|
Expression of the Oct-4 transcription factor is associated with an undifferentiated phenotype of human and mouse embryonic stem cells and germ cells. Oct-4 (Octamer-4) is a homeodomain transcription factor of the POU family (POU5F1) involved in regulation of pluripotency during normal development and is detectable in embryonic stem (ES) and germ cells. Its expression is associated with an undifferentiated phenotype and tumors. In fact, gene knockdown of Oct4 promotes differentiation, thereby demonstrating a role for this factor in human ES cell self-renewal. As such, it is frequently used as a marker for undifferentiated ES cells or iPS (induced pluripotent stem) cells. Oct4 is one of the four key transcription factors (Oct4, Sox2, c-Myc, and KLF4) used to reprogram mouse and human fibroblasts to a pluripotent state as well as generate patient-specific iPS cells. Affinity purified rabbit anti-Oct4 can be used to demonstrate pluripotency of ES and iPS cells.