Proteintech is a fast-growing Biotech company located in the greater Chicago area. Our Mission is to support our customers in all their endeavors, be it accelerating life sciences research, and /or clinical diagnostics and therapies.
Proteintech is an international biotechnology company that manufactures antibodies, ELISA kits, proteins and nanobodies for use in life science research. Proteintech makes of all its own products to the highest standards possible, with complete control over the whole manufacturing, validation and QC process. 110,000+ citations of Proteintech products demonstrates what matters most to the company: the success of its reagents in the hands of scientists, helping them make discoveries to change and explain the world around us.
- Process all specimens received in the Histology laboratory under minimal supervision and using various methodologies, complex machinery and staining systems.
- Prepare the slides for Pathologist review by cutting prepared blocks of tissue utilizing complex machinery.
- Responsible for appropriately staining the slides whether with routine, special or immunohistochemical stains
- Responsible for labeling, entering and tracking the progress of the specimen until it reaches the Pathologist.
- Performs computer data entry, recall, and labeling on complex pathology network.
- Participate in the management of the histology area by maintaining inventory of supplies, cleaning and organizing of work, stations, disposal of biological waste, and adherence to all compliance, safety and operational procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate equipment with precision for all histological protocols.
- Documentation per CAP guidelines, communication with pathologists and performs routine preventative maintenance, cleaning, and minor adjustments on all lab equipment.
- Prepares and examine solutions for contamination, impurities, or instability.
- Examines microscopically all stained slides and controls to determine accuracy of the last test and make modifications to the procedures as needed.
- Retrieves and stores specimens properly for long term storage and maintains archived Histological slides and blocks.
- Assists in maintaining accreditation standards, to include all check sheets and quality control information sheets.
- Complete all UCD required training and compliance courses.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Independent judgment in the selection of methodologies utilized in processing tissue specimens and in solving routine problems
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of the laboratory or pathology practice in a cost-effective manner by performing a variety of tasks
- Requires independent judgment in the selection of methodologies utilized in processing tissue specimens and in solving routine problems
- Must be familiar with all laboratory policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills where customer service and responsibility to patient care are the priority.
- Communication of all problems and concerns to the Lead Histotechnologist and/or pertinent superiors. If there are no superiors present at the time, the employee shall handle the situation and immediately inform the Lead Histotechnologist upon arrival of the corrective actions taken.
- Paid time off
- 401K with company match
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
Contact Katie Bellows firstname.lastname@example.org
Proteintech group is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.