Immuno-histochemistry Production Manager
Proteintech is a fast-growing Biotech company located in the greater Chicago area. Our Mission is to support our customers in all their endeavors, be it accelerating life sciences research, and /or clinical diagnostics and therapies
Proteintech is an international biotechnology company that manufactures antibodies, ELISA kits and proteins for use in life science research. Proteintech makes of all its own products to the highest standards possible, with complete control over the whole manufacturing, validation and QC process. 60,000+ citations of Proteintech products demonstrates what matters most to the company: the success of its reagents in the hands of scientists, helping them make discoveries to change and explain the world around us.
Proteintech is looking to grow our capabilities at our Rosemont, IL facility to include regulated immunohistochemistry products. As the production manager, you will be responsible for setting up the workflow and a production team to produce IHC antibodies that are used in research, as well as certified as IVD and ASR products. The initial portfolio will be transferred from another location but new products will be continued to be added on a regular basis. This person will ensure that products in the IHC workspace are manufactured with the highest level of quality and compliance in a safe and timely manner that will meet customer expectations. The position is responsible for developing and managing a high performing team while driving results.
- Set up IHC workflow and production team to produce RUO, IVD, and ASR antibodies. This includes all process and method validations including the technical transfer.
- Ensure production goals are achieved and assure production and laboratory standards are in compliance with all safety, GMP, ISO, and other regulatory and company manufacturing guidelines.
- Direct the team to develop products according to design specifications and develop and validate testing methods relevant to the product
- Responsible for meeting key project milestones and driving productivity
- Should liaison with cross functional teams to achieve project goals
- Listens, supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions and input to achieve excellent results while driving a culture of accountability.
- Monitors, reviews, and improves manufacturing and quality related activities and drives investigations and corrective and preventative actions.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to provide outstanding service in line with their expectations.
- M.S or PhD. Degree in any Life Science or Chemistry.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of industry experience specifically related to IHC.
- Experience working in cross functional projects and/or experience in managing contract research projects
- Extensive previous experience in immunohistochemistry, diagnostic manufacturing environment with through knowledge reagent manufacturing activities.
- Good understanding and ability to adhere to established quality standards and regulatory compliance requirements for medical device or diagnostics will be a plus
- Experience with supervision and managing a team
- Track record of achieving results and proven ability to clearly identify and communicate a cogent vision; effectively manage through ambiguity and uncertainty, take appropriate risks and make sound and timely decisions.
- Excellent communication, executive presentation, and leadership skills with a collaborative approach to problem solving
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task and balance complex and routine work activities.
- Paid time off
- 401K with company match
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision discount plan
Contact Katie Bellows email@example.com
Proteintech group is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
If you have any questions, contact us now via Live Chat