Scientific Sales Representative - Philadelphia
Philadelphia, MA based
Proteintech is experiencing rapid growth in the US and is now recruiting for a Scientific Sales Representative to cover the state of Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will be based in the field but will work closely with the US HQ in Chicago. This is an exciting opportunity for a Life Sciences Ph.D. looking to extend their skill set to technical sales. This position offers a competitive salary (negotiable dependent on experience) and generous commission scheme.
PRODUCTS: Laboratory reagents: antibodies, ELISA kits, recombinant proteins, nanobody reagents
CUSTOMERS: Academic, Research & Biotechnology Laboratories
- Design and implement your sales strategy for the region.
- You will maintain and develop relationships with existing customers to grow long-term and effective business relationships.
- You will also pro-actively search and connect with new prospects
- When visiting key customers and prospects, you will utilize your core technical and social skills to provide effective solutions to their needs.
- You will arrange and attend trade shows and exhibitions to further build brand awareness, with support from the US team.
- You will actively liaise with procurement departments to facilitate ease of purchase.
- From your experiences in the field, you will provide feedback to Marketing and Product Development on customer and competitor activities.
- As a rapidly expanding biotech company, you will participate in our worldwide growth and be responsible for meeting and reporting on annual sales targets.
- PhD candidate in the last year of the program, recent PhD graduate or PhD postdoc in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or Life Science-related field.
- Experience in most cell biology application areas: Western Blot, Immunohistochemistry, Flow Cytometry, ELISA.
- Must be able to visit local universities and institutions within the territory (some overnight travel may be required)
- Independent, driven and able to work on own initiative.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Paid time off
- 401K with company match
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance
- If PhD candidate is in last year, we can be flexible with schedule and work with university rules and regulations
Contact Tara Little: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proteintech group is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.