Scientist I, Bioconjugation
Location: United States
Scientist I; Bioconjugation
Proteintech is a fast-growing Biotech company located in the greater Chicago area. Our Mission is to support our customers in all their endeavors, be it accelerating life sciences research, and /or clinical diagnostics and therapies.
Proteintech is an international biotechnology company that manufactures antibodies, ELISA kits and proteins for use in life science research. Proteintech makes of all its own products to the highest standards possible, with complete control over the whole manufacturing, validation and QC process. 60,000+ citations of Proteintech products demonstrates what matters most to the company: the success of its reagents in the hands of scientists, helping them make discoveries to change and explain the world around us.
The successful candidate will support the development and optimization of processes in bioconjugation of antibodies for use in various applications like Flow Cytometry and IHC
- Conjugate antibodies to various fluorochromes, dyes and enzymes
- Validate the conjugated proteins and antibodies in various techniques such as Flow Cytometry and IHC
- Determine the degree of labelling
- Organize, record and maintain experimental data
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Quality Control
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization (Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related life sciences).
- New grads with lab experience are encouraged to apply.
- Laboratory experience
- Preferred: hands on experience with cell culture and /or column chromatography or flow cytometry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Aseptic Technique
- Good lab practice
- Working knowledge of modern laboratory procedures
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Paid time off
- 401K with company match
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision discount plan
Contact Katie Bellows - email@example.com
Proteintech group is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.