No longer accepting applications
Start date: ASAP
Proteintech is an international biotechnology company that manufactures reagents for use in life science research. We produce and distribute more than 15,000 antibodies, nanobodies, bioactive proteins and kits under the Proteintech, ChromoTek and HumanKine brands. 120,000+ citations of Proteintech products demonstrates what matters most to the company: the success of its reagents in the hands of scientists, helping them make discoveries to change and explain the world around us.
The Technical Specialist position is based at the European HQ in Manchester. Key to succeeding in this role involves engaging with the research community through high-level technical content and supporting the commercial team to deliver the best experience possible to Proteintech customers.
As part of a small team, you will have real responsibility and will gain exposure to multiple facets of the business. We are offering a competitive salary (negotiable dependant on experience), private healthcare and a company pension.
Duties & Responsibilities
- As a member of the global Technical Support Team of the Proteintech Group you will be responsible for the scientific and applications support for our entire product portfolio in Europe.
- Support the European sales team. This includes answering product queries and providing applications support.
- Act as a liaison between R&D and the sales and marketing teams.
- Provide technical training to internal teams and external distributers to support their commercial activities.
- Assist in managing editorial calendar for website/technical content to increase inbound traffic.
- Build awareness of Proteintech and relationships with KOLs in relevant research areas.
- Must possess a life-science PhD with at least 3 years laboratory experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a relevant technical support position would be desirable.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of antibody assays and techniques, including at least 3 from the following: western blot, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation, flow cytometry.
- Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken.
- Independent, driven and able to work on own initiative with minimal direction.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis throughout the UK and Europe (25-50%).
- German language skills would be an advantage.
£40,000-£45,000 negotiable dependent on experience
Please send a CV including all relevant experiences to email@example.com