- Featured Product
- KD/KO Validated
ZO-1 Polyclonal antibody
ZO-1 Polyclonal Antibody for FC, IF, IP, WB, ELISA
Cat no : 21773-1-AP
|Positive WB detected in||MCF-7 cells, COLO 320 cells, A431 cells, HEK-293 cells, HepG2 cells, mouse colon tissue|
|Positive IP detected in||HEK-293 cells|
|Positive IF detected in||HUVEC cells, mouse colon tissue, mouse kidney tissue, human breast cancer tissue, MDCK cells, CHO cells|
|Positive FC detected in||MCF-7 cells|
|Western Blot (WB)||WB : 1:1000-1:10000|
|Immunoprecipitation (IP)||IP : 0.5-4.0 ug for IP and 1:500-1:1000 for WB|
|Immunofluorescence (IF)||IF : 1:1000-1:4000|
|Sample-dependent, check data in validation data gallery|
The immunogen of 21773-1-AP is ZO-1 Fusion Protein expressed in E. coli.
|Tested Reactivity||human, Canine, mouse, rat, hamster|
|Cited Reactivity||bovine, canine, chicken, human, mouse, pig, rat|
|Host / Isotype||Rabbit / IgG|
|Immunogen||ZO-1 fusion protein Ag16454|
|Full Name||tight junction protein 1 (zona occludens 1)|
|Calculated molecular weight||1748 aa, 195 kDa|
|Observed molecular weight||230 kDa|
|GenBank accession number||BC111712|
|Gene ID (NCBI)||7082|
|Purification Method||Antigen affinity purification|
|Storage Buffer||PBS with 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol pH 7.3.|
|Storage Conditions||Store at -20°C. Stable for one year after shipment. Aliquoting is unnecessary for -20oC storage.|
What is the function of ZO-1?
Zona Occludens 1 (ZO-1) is a tight junction (TJ) protein found in complexes at cell-cell contacts. The role of ZO-1 is to recruit other TJ proteins.1,2 The resulting TJ complexes regulate paracellular flow, contribute to apical-basal polarity, and are part of signaling pathways for proliferation and differentiation.3 This protein is useful for highlighting cell-cell contacts both in cultured cells and in tissue samples, outlining cell membranes and specific structures.
Where is ZO-1 expressed?
The protein is localized to the cytoplasmic membrane in most types of cells, particularly where a barrier function is essential. It is common in endothelial cells,4 which line the internal surface of blood and lymph vessels, and in epithelial cells,5 which form the outer barrier of organs.
ZO-1 is expressed in many tissues including the intestine, kidney, liver, and skeletal muscle cells.
What proteins does ZO-1 interact with?
The molecular weight of ZO-1 is 220kDa6 and it contains multiple distinct protein domains that allow bind to other junctional proteins at the cytoplasmic membrane. The N-terminal of ZO-1 can dimerize with other ZO proteins and bind directly to other TJ proteins including claudins, connexions, and JAMs,7-10 which allows it to assemble TJ complexes. The C-terminal can interact with actin and cortactin, anchoring the TJ complexes to the cytoskeleton.8,11 This suggests that ZO-1 forms a link between the outer cell-cell contacts and the inner actin.
1. McNeil, E., Capaldo, C. T. & Macara, I. G. Zonula occludens-1 function in the assembly of tight junctions in Madin-Darby canine kidney epithelial cells. Mol. Biol. Cell 17, 1922-32 (2006).
2. Kratzer, I. et al. Complexity and developmental changes in the expression pattern of claudins at the blood-CSF barrier. Histochem. Cell Biol. (2012). doi:10.1007/s00418-012-1001-9
3. Guillemot, L., Paschoud, S., Pulimeno, P., Foglia, A. & Citi, S. The cytoplasmic plaque of tight junctions: A scaffolding and signalling center. Biochim. Biophys. Acta - Biomembr. 1778, 601-613 (2008).
4. Tornavaca, O. et al. ZO-1 controls endothelial adherens junctions, cell-cell tension, angiogenesis, and barrier formation. J. Cell Biol. 208, 821-38 (2015).
5. Umeda, K. et al. Establishment and characterization of cultured epithelial cells lacking expression of ZO-1. J. Biol. Chem. 279, 44785-94 (2004).
6. Stevenson, B. R. Identification of ZO-1: a high molecular weight polypeptide associated with the tight junction (zonula occludens) in a variety of epithelia. J. Cell Biol. 103, 755-766 (1986).
7. Itoh, M. et al. Direct Binding of Three Tight Junction-Associated Maguks, Zo-1, Zo-2, and Zo-3, with the Cooh Termini of Claudins. J. Cell Biol. 147, 1351-1363 (1999).
8. Fanning, A. S., Jameson, B. J., Jesaitis, L. A. & Anderson, J. M. The Tight Junction Protein ZO-1 Establishes a Link between the Transmembrane Protein Occludin and the Actin Cytoskeleton. J. Biol. Chem. 273, 29745-29753 (1998).
9. Kausalya, P. J., Reichert, M. & Hunziker, W. Connexin45 directly binds to ZO-1 and localizes to the tight junction region in epithelial MDCK cells. FEBS Lett. 505, 92-96 (2001).
10. Itoh, M. et al. Junctional adhesion molecule (JAM) binds to PAR-3. J. Cell Biol. 154, 491-498 (2001).
11. Itoh, M., Nagafuchi, A., Moroi, S. & Tsukita, S. Involvement of ZO-1 in Cadherin-based Cell Adhesion through Its Direct Binding to α Catenin and Actin Filaments. J. Cell Biol. 138, 181-192 (1997).
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int
An increase of estrogen receptor α protein level regulates BDE-209-mediated blood-testis barrier disruption during spermatogenesis in F1 mice.
TIMM50 promotes tumor progression via ERK signaling and predicts poor prognosis of non-small cell lung cancer patients.
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol
Vanillin protects the blood-milk barrier and inhibits the inflammatory response in LPS-induced mastitis in mice.
Nuclear factor I/B promotes colorectal cancer cell proliferation, epithelial-mesenchymal transition and 5-fluorouracil resistance.
J Biomed Sci
Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) mediates the protective effects of dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibition on pulmonary hypertension.
Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor activation alleviates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in mice via maintenance of endothelial barrier function.
The reviews below have been submitted by verified Proteintech customers who received an incentive forproviding their feedback.
Xie (Verified Customer) (10-26-2021)
Efficient Labelling from proteintech ZO1 Antibody
Samuel (Verified Customer) (08-06-2021)
Clean and strong band at 220-230 kDa in WB (reducing and denaturing conditions). I used the antibody at a 1:2500 dilution in 5% milk, incubation overnight at 4 degrees Celsius. 30ug loaded per sample.