Many of the critical mentors in science go unheralded. This award recognizes senior postdoctoral fellows who help mentor and support the development of researchers. Proteintech is offering a $1000 award and a mentor care package ($100 Visa gift card, notebook, pen, and commemorative mug).
Please use the form below to nominate a mentor who you think deserves a moment in the spotlight.
Deadline for all nominations: July 9, 2017
Nominees must be based in a research laboratory in a university or research institution.
Researchers are invited to nominate a postdoctoral scholar who has positively influenced their development.
Researchers nominating their mentors are to submit the short nomination form including a 250-word summary explaining why they feel this mentor deserves the award.
July 17 – July 31
5 outstanding candidates will be selected by the Proteintech judging panel. The winner will be the candidate who receives the most public votes.
On July 17, the nomination form above will be replaced by the voting form.
Terms and Conditions
1. Only nominators from Universities and Research Institutions are eligible to take part in this competition.
2. Nominees must be based in a University Institution or research lab in the US or Europe.
3. All Winners agree to the use of their names and likenesses in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this contest, the winners acknowledge that Proteintech has the right to publicize and broadcast their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto. These activities may include the following: An interview, featuring on Proteintech blog/website, and associated press releases.
4. The deadline for entries to be submitted is July 9, 2017. Any applications submitted after this date will not be eligible.
5. Nominators can only enter one nominee. Any further entries will not be eligible. Nominators must complete the application form in full.
6. The winner will be decided by a public voting process once Proteintech Group has shortlisted the entries. The shortlist of nominees will be made at Proteintech Group’s discretion.
7. The $1000 award (or local currency equivalent) will be paid to the University laboratory or Research Institution to support the research of the awardee.
8. Award will not be awarded to employees of for-profit organizations (i.e. biotech or pharmacological companies).
9. The recipients will be contacted by email and also announced online on August 2.
10. By submitting this application, you agree to receive information from Proteintech. Your information will never be sold or used by a third party. 11. Proteintech has the right to terminate this award at any time during the process.
12. During voting process, each participant may only vote once per day.