By Product Type
By Research Area
After tallying the votes, Proteintech is proud to announce the winner of the “Best Mentor: Postdoc Category”: Janet Kumita of the University of Cambridge. Janet will receive a care package and $1000 for use in her research.
“I am continually amazed by her efforts, and cannot think of another person more deserving of this recognition. As stated in the introduction for this award, “many critical mentors in science go unheralded.” Janet does not take on the vast responsibilities that come with playing a key role in managing an entire Centre on top of mentoring many researchers to get recognition, but I am certain there is no one in the Centre who does not appreciate and respect all that Janet does for us. Our Centre is undoubtedly a better place because of Dr. Kumita, and we are all most fortunate and grateful for her guidance.”
- Ryan Limbocker, University of Cambridge
|Photo by Gabriella Bocchetti, (R) University of Cambridge||Dr. Janet Kumita, University of Cambridge|
Proteintech thanks everyone for their nominations and participation in the voting campaign. Proteintech offers several awards and travel grants throughout the year, so keep checking back for more exciting contests.
“The amount of time and effort that Andrew invests in not only me, but the four other graduate, and three undergraduate students in the lab is breathtaking. Not only does he make the time to discuss any results we find, to read any drafts we have, to encourage discussion about scientific conduct and issues we are facing, but he does all of this even after he has driven almost 100 miles to get to campus.” – Paula Gajewski
“Even when we were stuck in a small room making mice run on treadmills and rotating rods for the fifth week in a row, Pierre never lost his sense of humor. Not only is Pierre my mentor, but he is also the mentor to everyone in this lab. His dedication to his research rubs off on each of us, and it is with his patient explanations and his scientific insight that this lab thrives.” - Elle Rathbun
“She emphasizes the necessities of experimental design, such as choosing the right controls and performing blinded analyses, while allowing her students the freedom to question experimental designs and propose our own ideas. By asking questions like, “What do you think we could use as a control here?”, or “What should we use as our readout for this experiment?”, she allows us to participate in the scientific process and develop a deeper understanding of the challenges, limitations, and creativity involved in experimental design.” – Carina Seah
“I am continually amazed by her efforts, and cannot think of another person more deserving of this recognition. As stated in the introduction for this award, “many critical mentors in science go unheralded.” Janet does not take on the vast responsibilities that come with playing a key role in managing an entire Centre on top of mentoring many researchers to get recognition, but I am certain there is no one in the Centre who does not appreciate and respect all that Janet does for us. Our Centre is undoubtedly a better place because of Dr. Kumita, and we are all most fortunate and grateful for her guidance.” - Ryan Limbocker
“Heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were upwards toiling through the night’ (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow). i. This quote describes a woman that shows dedication, discipline, integrity and commitment. She engages herself not only to the benefits of her personal development but also the welfare, growth and development of her students, coworkers and associates. Dr. Chintapenta is not only a mentor but she possesses the quality of a friend, a teacher, a psychologist and a parent. She is a result driven individual that teaches you to think and work independently.” - Petrina McKenzie-Reynolds
Many of the critical mentors in science go unheralded. This award recognizes senior postdoctoral fellows who help mentor and support the development of researchers. Proteintech is offering a $1000 award and a mentor care package ($100 Visa gift card, notebook, pen, and commemorative mug).
The deadline for nominations has now passed. Make sure you return to ptglab.com between July 17-31 to vote for your mentor!
Researchers are invited to nominate a postdoctoral scholar who has positively influenced their development.
Researchers nominating their mentors are to submit the short nomination form including a 250-word summary explaining why they feel this mentor deserves the award.
July 17 – July 31
5 outstanding candidates will be selected by the Proteintech judging panel. The winner will be the candidate who receives the most public votes.
On July 17, the nomination form above will be replaced by the voting form.
Terms and Conditions
1. Only nominators from Universities and Research Institutions are eligible to take part in this competition.
2. Nominees must be based in a University Institution or research lab in the US or Europe.
3. All Winners agree to the use of their names and likenesses in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this contest, the winners acknowledge that Proteintech has the right to publicize and broadcast their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto. These activities may include the following: An interview, featuring on Proteintech blog/website, and associated press releases.
4. The deadline for entries to be submitted is July 9, 2017. Any applications submitted after this date will not be eligible.
5. Nominators can only enter one nominee. Any further entries will not be eligible. Nominators must complete the application form in full.
6. The winner will be decided by a public voting process once Proteintech Group has shortlisted the entries. The shortlist of nominees will be made at Proteintech Group’s discretion.
7. The $1000 award (or local currency equivalent) will be paid to the University laboratory or Research Institution to support the research of the awardee.
8. Award will not be awarded to employees of for-profit organizations (i.e. biotech or pharmacological companies).
9. The recipients will be contacted by email and also announced online on August 2.
10. By submitting this application, you agree to receive information from Proteintech. Your information will never be sold or used by a third party.
11. Proteintech has the right to terminate this award at any time during the process.
12. During voting process, each participant may only vote once per day.