CoraLite® Plus 488-conjugated Phospho-AKT (Ser473) Monoclonal antibody
Phospho-AKT (Ser473) Monoclonal Antibody for FC (Intra)
Host / Isotype
Mouse / IgG1
CoraLite® Plus 488 Fluorescent Dye
Cat no : CL488-66444
|Positive FC detected in||Calyculin A treated PC-3 cells|
|Sample-dependent, check data in validation data gallery|
CL488-66444 targets Phospho-AKT (Ser473) in FC (Intra) applications and shows reactivity with human, mouse samples.
|Tested Reactivity||human, mouse|
|Host / Isotype||Mouse / IgG1|
|Full Name||v-akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 1|
|Observed molecular weight||60-62 kDa|
|GenBank accession number||NM_005163|
|Gene ID (NCBI)||207|
|Conjugate||CoraLite® Plus 488 Fluorescent Dye|
|Excitation/Emission maxima wavelengths||493 nm / 522 nm|
|Purification Method||Protein A purification|
|Storage Buffer||PBS with 50% Glycerol, 0.05% Proclin300, 0.5% BSA, pH 7.3.|
|Storage Conditions||Store at -20°C. Avoid exposure to light. Aliquoting is unnecessary for -20oC storage. 20ul sizes contain 0.1% BSA.|
1) What is AKT?
The serine/threonine kinase B AKT pathway (also known as the PI3K-Akt pathway) plays a vital role in the regulation of cellular processes, including cell proliferation, survival, and growth - processes that are essential for oncogenesis. Mutation of the regulator proteins PI3K and PTEN causes uncontrolled disruption within the PI3-kinase pathway, leading to the development of human cancers (1,2; see also AKT pathway poster for more details).
2) phospho-AKT and FAQs
A) What is the best way to normalize phosphorylated proteins analyzed by western blot?
Normalize phospho-AKT and total AKT with your loading control (e.g. Actin, tubulin), then calculate the phospho/total ratio using these normalized values.
Put more simply:
1. Calculate the ratio of band intensities of a phospho-AKT band: the loading control.
2. Calculate the ratio of band intensities of total AKT: loading control.
3. Divide ratio obtained #1 by #2 to obtain a normalized value for comparison among different conditions. This procedure allows one to distinguish between a change in AKT expression and a change in the ratio of phospho-AKT.
* If you are looking at the differences in a phospho-AKT expression resulting from an experimental condition (e.g., knockdown), you should also show the expression of total AKT to distinguish between a change in AKT expression (transcription/translation level) and a change in the AKT phosphorylation status.
B) What is the observed molecular weight for AKT and phospho-AKT?
Molecular Weight AKT - 56 kDa
Molecular Weight phospho-AKT - 60 kDa (Figure 1)
Figure 1. WB: HEK-293 cell lysate was subjected to SDS PAGE followed by western blot with 60203-2-Ig (AKT antibody) and 66444-1-Ig (AKT-phospho-S473 antibody) at a dilution of 1:4000 incubated at room temperature for 1.5 hours.
C) Are there any special WB conditions to optimize staining of a phospho-AKT?
Since this is a phosphorylated protein, 5% BSA is recommended over non-fat milk as a blocking agent.
D) What are good positive and negative controls for a phospho-AKT?
- Positive Control: HEK293 cells
- Negative Control: Treatment with PI3K inhibitors (e.g. wortmannin)
E) What species does this antibody react with?
Our internal testing has confirmed that it reacts with the human and mouse forms of phospho-AKT.Reactivity with the human form is also supported by the literature's citations of this antibody.
1. Perturbations of the AKT signaling pathway in human cancer.
2. Targeting the PI3K-Akt pathway in human cancer: rationale and promise.